On-Page SEO is important for every SEO enthusiast or business looking to utilize powers of SEO. There are several important factors in On-Page Optimization that you can’t miss.
Therefore, In this guide, you will know all the important aspects of On-Page SEO.
Intro to On-Page SEO / What is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO is a term for a combination of technical and content SEO that focuses on optimizing specific pages.
Demonstrating Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (or EAT), Optimizing Meta Tags for SEO, Image Alt Tags for SEO, Internal Linking and Content Optimization, and producing compelling blogs or articles are all components of effective on-page SEO.
All of these factors must be considered in order to ensure that they are both user-friendly and search engine-friendly.
On-page SEO has evolved since the early days of search engines, but some of the principles remain the same. Having a solid understanding of on-page SEO while keeping up with the latest trends is essential to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Understand about SEO in detail at- Search Engine Optimization Step-By-Step Guide
Importance of On-Page SEO in Digital Marketing
- It boosts User-Experience
- Reduces Bounce Rate
- Helps in improving Page Loading Speed
- Helps Search Engine Bots or Crawlers to understand your website
- Attracts relevant audience
- Achieve higher rankings in SERP
Must Know On-Page SEO Optimization Techniques/Activities
Publish High-Quality Content
Creating user-friendly content is the first step in learning how to perform on-page SEO.
Content marketing is a big part of SEO because it’s what makes people want to go to your site in the first place.
Your content’s ability to rank in search results is directly related to the ease with which your target audience can get it.
Hence, the main focus of your content should be on quality first. Rather than focusing all your time on SEO or backlinks, first focus on clearing the query of the user through good quality content.
Meta Tag- Optimize Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
In brief, Meta Tags are the HTML Codes that describe the content of your page or blog. They help search engine crawlers to understand the content of your webpage.
But most importantly, meta tags help in attracting the target audience through sparking curiosity. Google features the information of meta tags in form of snippets.
Hence, provides the user that this page is providing all the relevant information that you need.
To know more about Meta Tags, you can visit – Meta Tags for SEO: A Simple Guide for Beginners
How to Optimize Meta Tags?
- Keep the meta description short and within 155 Characters.
- The meta descriptions should be in active voice and provide relevant information.
- Try to include a call to action in the meta description itself.
- Utilize the focus keyword in meta descriptions.
- It should be unique and can have synonyms of keyphrases or keywords.
- Avoid using stop words in Title Tags.
- Use H1 Tags for most important content.
- Use several Heading Tags.
- Image ALT Tags are a must.
- The important words should be at the starting of title and description.
Optimize Page Content as per keyword
Keyword Optimization or Keyword Research is the process of exploring, evaluating, and choosing the most effective keywords to target in order to attract qualified search engine traffic to websites.
If you make a poor choice of target keywords, all subsequent efforts will be futile. Keyword Optimization is also important for PPC. The On-Page SEO Content Optimization should also be according to keyword research.
Important Tips to Optimize Page Content as per keyword:
- Target the most popular keywords having less competition.
- Add the keywords in content naturally.
- Never stuff your content with keywords.
- Keep updating content on a regular basis
- Utilize infographics to summarize your content
- Increase engagement and communicate with your audience around your keyword
Optimize Header Tag for SEO
- Reduce the bounce rate
- Generate Content for Meta Descriptions and Snippets
Must know things to Optimize Header Tag for SEO
- Utilize Header Tags to provide structure and make the search goal obvious. For instance, H1 is used for the title while H2 is used for subheadings. H3-H6 are the subtopics.
- Ensure that your text includes subheadings if it exceeds 300 words.
- Generally, the content after a subheading should not exceed 250-350 words in length.
- If you wish to improve the quality of your heading tags, there are plug-ins available. For instance, you may make use of Yoast SEO.
- Ensure that you do not reuse heading tags across many pages of your website.
- Avoid using header tags to improve the appearance of your content. Rather than that, utilize them to clearly display specified and systematic material on web pages. Utilize CSS stylesheets to ensure that everything looks beautiful.
Images Optimization with Alt Tag
Image SEO is a significant part of On-Page SEO. The Images Optimization with Alt Tag or Image Alt Tag for SEO is very important because most visitors on web prefer visuals rather than reading text.
Do’s and Don’t for Images Optimization
|Do’s for Image Optimization in On-Page SEO||Don’ts for Image Optimization in On-Page SEO|
|Name the images properly.||Don’t make the Images with a huge size|
|Resize Images according to CSS Scaling.||Don’t leave out any issues with image.|
|Use keywords in Alt Tag if relevant||Do not over stuff keywords in Image Alt tag|
Using URLs, search engines may learn more about a page’s content, context, and audience. Because of this, they also have an influence on your search engine ranks and visibility.
How to do URL Optimization for SEO?
- Make the URL readable i.e. avoid complex or auto-generated links
- Try to use the keyword in the link
- Use the keyword in the beginning
- Avoid using capital letters in the links
- Use Hyphens in the URLs instead of Underscores
- Eliminate Bad URLs using robots.txt and add mobile URLs to the Sitemap
- Add 301 Redirection for broken URLs
Internal Links and External links for SEO
Internal Links in On-Page SEO
Internal Links are the hyperlinks that point to the same website’s another webpage. In simple words, these are the links of a single website or domain.
External Links in On-Page SEO
External Links are hyperlinks that point to another website. In other words, these links don’t have the same domain. Some people also use guest posting as to get external links to their own website to boost its authority.
Understand about Guest Posting in easy way at- What is Guest Posting And How is it Used For SEO?
Importance of Internal Links & External Links for SEO
Both Internal Links & External Links are important for On-Page SEO Optimization. Internal Linking for SEO helps you boost engagement and increase the authority of your other webpages.
External Links of trustworthy help in adding credibility and trustworthiness to your website. These links also help in increasing the relevance. The external links of your social media accounts can also help you to Increase Visibility with Social Media Optimization and utilize Social Bookmarking In SEO.
How to Optimize Internal Links & External Links for On-Page SEO?
- Optimize Anchor Texts
- Use Keywords or its synonyms
- Use Links Naturally
- Avoid using the same anchor tags for each link.
- Try placing links in the beginning of the content
Schema (Structure Data) for On-Page SEO
Schema markup (schema.org) is a structured data language that helps search engines better comprehend the information on your website so that they can offer rich results. Using these markups, search engines can better understand the meaning and relationships of the entities referenced on your website.
How to create Schema
- To get started, click on Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper.
- Enter the URL in the data type field.
- Data tags should be assigned to the highlighted page components.
- Create the HTML code.
- Markup your webpage with the Schema XML markup.
- Utilize Structured Data Testing Tool to verify your markup.
- Any problems that are found should be addressed immediately.
Core web Vitals
Google’s page experience signals contain three measures known as Core Web Vitals that measure how a person feels when engaging with a website.
Measurements of a site’s visibility, user interactivity, and visual stability are all taken into account by Core Web Vitals. LCP, FID, and CLS are the three most important web metrics.
Hence, all these three elements – LCP( Largest Contentful Paint), First Input Delay (FID), and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) must be optimized.
SEO benefits from having a responsive website. The fact that a user is searching on a mobile device is a ranking indication in Google’s and Bing’s algorithms. Websites that are optimized for mobile devices are more likely to rank higher in mobile search results.
Therefore, if your website relies on or targets mobile visitors in any way, mobile friendliness is critical for On-Page SEO.
Best Ways for On-Page Optimization for Mobile
- Use Google Pagespeed Insights and improve your speed score through its suggestions.
- Ask your developer to develop a responsive design.
- Make the call to action button easily accessible and near the thumb of the user.
- Use Local Keywords for Mobile Users.
- Optimize the Meta Tags and do proper internal linking at relevant sites.
- Utilize Google AMP.
- Generate separate URLs for Mobile-Friendly web pages.
- Create Unique and Fresh Content for only mobile audiences.
Conclusion- On-Page SEO
On-Page SEO is as important as Off-Page SEO. The process of On-Page SEO Optimization involves a lot of concepts. Above guide is useful for you to get a detailed overview of On-Page Optimization activities.
For more Blogs Related to SEO
- Google Core Update 2022
- Basic Seo Meta Tags
- Google Search Console Permissions
- Google Search Console Remove Link
- Google Pigeon Algorithm
- Google Hummingbird Update