In Image SEO, we all must have heard about Image Alt Tag and Title Text. It is an important concept that highly affects SERP rankings as Google displays many visual images to answer the queries. Moreover, people mostly prefer images or any other visuals instead of text. Thus, Before we understand how to optimize alt tag or title text, let’s understand what Image Alt Tag is and why it is important in SEO. We will also understand the title text in brief.
What is Image Alt Tag?
Image Alt Tag is a popular term, though technically incorrect, used for Image Alt Text.
Thus, Image Alt Text or Image Alt Tag is a piece of code in Html. It describes the content of the image.
All the screen readers, browsers, and search engines use Image Alt Tag or Image Alt Text to understand the context, appearance and the purpose of an image.
What is Title Text?
Title Text is similar to Image Alt Tag as it may describe the picture also. However, it describes the image only to the user. In simple words, it is the text that you see when you hover over an image.
It is not that much important in SEO. Thus, you should use it only when it is required.
Why is the process to Optimize Alt Tag or Optimize Alt Text important in SEO?
- Visually Impaired people use screen readers. Hence, when you optimize alt tags, it helps them to interpret what’s on the picture and what it is about..
- Alt text provides search engine crawlers with broader and deeper information of the image. Thus, when you optimize Alt Text, it assists the crawlers in effectively indexing an image.
- It provides you the opportunity to use your target keyword and rank if your target is also the Image SEO.
- Technology has come so far. However, still bots are not able to recognize the images as we can. Therefore, Image Alt Optimization acts as an important tool for you to describe the search engine bots about the content of the image.
How to Optimize Alt tag, Title Text or do Image SEO
- Use Keywords and use them appropriately as per the context of image and the content on the website.
- Keep the description short but be descriptive and specific.
- Try to place images near the relevant text.
- Search Engines like Google also use URL Path. Hence, you should construct URLs of your image logically.
- Create Unique Images and try to use Alt Text not more than 125 characters.
- Don’t do keyword stuffing and avoid spelling mistakes.
- Not every picture on your website needs an Alt Tag or Alt Text. So, do it for only the relevant images.
To get all updates of digital marketing, you are a few clicks away from digitalworldseo. The best Digital Marketing Blog site. You can read many other valuable topics like this at Digitalworldseo to understand more about Google updates. SEO, SMO, Digital Marketing, and Content Marketing.